PROFESSIONAL EDGE with columnist Kim R. Wells, from the WWW.BLACKCOLLEGIAN.COM Career Center

Monday, July 30, 2007

Comment from Chaz Kyser-Author of Embracing the Real World: The Black Women's Guide to Life After College


A recent comment from a friend Chaz Kyser, author of the popular new book, Embracing the Real World: The Black Women's Guide to Life After College, a must read for any young Black Woman who is serious about moving forward in her career.


Chaz writes:


Kim, I enjoy reading all of your columns, but I particularly liked your latest one, "Watch Your Behavior Off the Field: A Lesson Learned From Mike Vick." As you pointed out, it's often not enough that one is professional at work; what you do on your so-called "off time" and who you do it with can tarnish your reputation--especially if you are involved in illegal activities.
Hopefully, other young professionals and athletes can get this lesson without having their careers ruined.


Chaz Kyser
For more information on her book and speaking engagements, see Chaz's website at www.embracingtherealworld.com.
See also Chaz's new column on Black Collegian Magazine Online at

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chaz,

How do I get your book? The topic seems really interesting. It looks like we are both in the fight to educate our young professionals about the real world.

If you get time, please check out my book, "25 Reasons Why THEY Won't Hire You!" A few free chapters are available on my book site. Let me know what you think.

Good luck to you. Let's keep in touch. Here's to a long journey! smiles...

Zenja Glass
Email: jobs@25ReasonsWhy.com
www.25ReasonsWhy.com
www.usatechsearch.com

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the helpful post! I would not have gotten this otherwise!